- 1 Minute to read
- 1 Minute to read
About this document
This document provides step-by-step instructions to onboard a ServiceNow account in SAFE.
SAFE integrates with ServiceNow via read-only APIs and fetches the security misconfiguration of the ServiceNow account in SAFE.
To configure ServiceNow in SAFE, you need the following details:
- Instance Name: Instance name of the user’s ServiceNow Instance (e.g., safe.service-now.com)
- Client ID and Secret Key: To generate a Client ID and Secret Key, you must have a ServiceNow Administrator role.
Generate Connection Details (Client ID and Secret Key)
- Log in to your ServiceNow Account as admin.
- Click the All tab, and search for System OAuth > Application Registry.
- Click the Application Registry option.
- Click the New button available at the top-right corner of the screen.
- On the New page, click the “Create an OAuth API endpoint for external clients” option.
- Enter a Name for the application and click the submit button. The system creates a new app.
- Go to the created app details page.
- Copy the Client ID and Client Secret.
Configure ServiceNow in SAFE
- Navigate to Safe Hooks and click the ServiceNow card.
- Enter the Instance Name.
- Enter the Username and Password (Admin Username and Password for ServiceNow account)
- Enter the Client ID and Client Secret Key.
- Enter auto-sync frequency in days.
- Click the Test Connection button.
- Once the connection is validated, click the Save button
- Once the configuration is saved, click the Sync Now button to trigger the on-demand sync outside of the scheduled auto sync.
After a successful sync, SAFE automatically imports the ServiceNow assets.
To view the assets pulled from ServiceNow:
- Navigate to Technology > Assets.
- Filter the asset list with Asset Type as ServiceNow. The system displays all the Servicenow assets.
- Click the Asset name.
- The system displays all the controls and their status for ServiceNow.
To view the results:
- Navigate to the Risk Scenario page and click the Group Risk tab.
- Click the Cloud - SaaS Applications Risk.
- On this page, the system displays the actionable insights for your ServiceNow account if it finds critical misconfigurations.
- Scroll down and click the Attack Surface view.
- Here you can see the ServiceNow asset.
- Clicking the ServiceNow asset, the system displays all the controls and their status for ServiceNow.