- 1 Minute to read
- 1 Minute to read
Sectona provides a single console for securing passwords in an embedded vault, secure access with cross-platform access technology & managing privileges over endpoints.
The SAFE-Sectona integration eliminates the manual entry of the assets’ passwords on the SAFE platform for assessment. With this integration, SAFE pulls the assets’ credentials from the Sectona and authenticates the assets using these credentials, and does the assessment.
SAFE admins can configure the Sectona integration from Administration > SAFE Hooks > Management Tools.
SAFE Admins configure Sectona as follows:
- Navigate to the Administration > SAFE Hooks > Management Tools
- Click the Configure button available on the Sectona card.
- On the Sectona configuration screen, Enter the Sectona Server URL, Instance Name, and Access Shared Key.
- Mark the Verify SSL Certificate checkbox if Sectona Server has a CA signed certificate trusted by the SAFE server.
- Enter the Certificate Fingerprint, if Sectona Server does not have a CA signed certificate trusted by the SAFE server.
- Click the Test Connection button.
- Once the connection is verified, click the Save button.
- Enable the Sectona toggle switch.
- The Sectona Server URL must contain https://
- The Sectona URL, Instance Name, and Access Shared Key will be provided by Sectona.
- The Assets must not have a password stored in SAFE. If the password is already stored in SAFE, remove the password from Manage Assets. Contact Safe Support team for removing passwords of multiple assets from SAFE.
- Each asset should have the IP/Hostname, username field filled in SAFE. These should have the same values set in Sectona.
- The value for the Sectona Asset Type field should be added for all the new assets that are to be onboarded and should be updated for the existing assets, in Manage Assets using Bulk/Individual Add/Edit assets functionalities in SAFE. It should have the same value as that set in the Asset Type field set in Sectona.