- 2 Minutes to read
- 2 Minutes to read
Global Search allows users to search for Assets, Controls, and Services quickly using keywords in the search field. The search button is available at the top-right corner of the SAFE screens.
Search across Assets, Controls, and Services: Three drop-down options are available on the global search to restrict the search result in the particular selected category.
Follow the below procedure to search assets:
- Select Assets from the Global Search drop-down.
- Enter the keyword related to the asset to start the search. Refer to the supported search syntax.
- Click the Search icon or press Enter. A search result page will display the list of matching assets.
Follow the below procedure to search controls:
- Select Controls from the Global Search drop-down.
- Enter the keyword related to the controls to start the search. Refer to the supported search syntax.
- Click the Search icon or press Enter. A search result page will display the list of matching controls.
Search Services (applicable to Windows assets)
Follow the below procedure to search for services:
- Select Services from the Global Search drop-down.
- Enter the keyword related to the services to start the search. Refer to the supported search syntax.
- Click the Search icon or press Enter. A search result page will display the list of matching services.
The search results will show the service data (Service Name, Display Name, EXE Name, and EXE Version), along with the count of assets for each result.
- On clicking the count, you can see the results of the assets, along with other asset details that have that particular service available.
Last 10 Recent Searches: Clicking on the search box displays the recent ten searches as a suggestion. Users can click on any of the recent searches to jump on the search results directly.
Export Search Result
Users can export the search results in .CSV format (except Services).
- Users can enter the search criteria as regular expressions to narrow down the search results.
- Users can search for all SAFE controls (People, Policy, Cybersecurity Products, and Third-party) from the Global search.
Supported Search Syntax
|Search with multiple words||Word 1 space Word 2|
Example: aws ebs
|Search will return results containing either of the words (OR)|
|Search with AND operator||Word 1 + Word 2|
Example: aws + ebs
|Search will return results containing both words (AND)|
|Search with NOT operator||Word 1 - Word 2|
Example: aws - ebs
|Search will exclude the results containing the word after -|
|Search with wildcard||Word 1* Word 2|
Example: aws* ebs
|Search will include results matching the wildcard. Wildcard can only be used at the end of a word.|
|Exact match||"Complete Search Words"|
Example: "Audit: Force audit policy"
|Search will return results containing the exact phrase inside the quotes.|
- A combination of AND and OR operators is supported in SAFE.
Example: aws + ebs - buckets
- Wildcard can only be used at the end.
- When the search text contains + or - then the entire word should be wrapped in quotes.
Example: “c++” would search for the prog language by just specifying c++ would not. This also needs to be made intuitive to the user while they are using the free text.
- Some of the operators such as < (Ranking) are supported in REST API but not in the SAFE UI.
- Using operator - in a word is not currently supported with a wildcard.
- Using operator + in a word right before the wildcard * (test+*) is also not supported. However, it can be used after a letter (i.e., test+b* is supported).